Dr. Woo Kang WeiChairman, IoT Security for Smart Nation Working Group, ITSC, Singapore
As Chairman, IoT Security for Smart Nation Working Group, Dr. Woo has led a Singapore team consisting of CSA, GovTech and their technology partners to participate in the Global City Teams Challenge 2018, jointly organised by NIST and the Department of Homeland Security, USA.
Dr. Woo specialises in theoretical physics and mathematics, cryptographic algorithms, cyber-physical security, cloud-based architectures and DevOps, blockchains, Bayesian and neural networks. He received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Theoretical High Energy Physics from Rutgers University.
With over 20 years of experience contributing to Fortune 100 companies as well as ICT start-ups, Dr. Woo regularly participates at industry roundtable discussions and speaks at international conferences. He is appointed Honorary Lecturer by the University of Glasgow.
Blockchain for SMEs: The Use of Blockchain to Scale Businesses Across Various Industries
Module 1 – Public Blockchains
- Blockchains as Distributed Ledgers (DL)
- Transparency and Immutability
- Blockchain Security and Cryptography
- Public Blockchains and Smart Contracts
- Fault Tolerance and Governance
- Trust and Trustless
- Cross-industry use cases – Internet of Things
- Cross-industry use cases – Smart Energy Grid
Module 2 – Private Blockchains
- Blockchain Governance for Enterprise
- Private Blockchains
- Multi-party Transactions
- Cross-chain Integration
- Blockchain Autonomy
- Cross-industry Use Cases – Artificial Intelligence
- Cross-industry Use Cases – Supply Chain
- Future of Blockchains
Module 3 – Blockchain Technology Centre Tour